28 years old today! I feel good~ liberated and free!
Well, this is the #birthdayspecial series I began back in 2020. Life just took so many turns since then. Let’s get back to this series today.
This year I want to share 28 thoughts, feelings and realisations that resonate with me.
Let’s do this:
- Life is so very unpredictable so cherish every moment. Live life like there is no tomorrow. Make memories. Know your priorities and what’s most important to you.
- Speak to the ones you vibe with every single day. Have a go-to person. It could be your parents, siblings, spouse or a friend. My go-to person is my little sister. We get each other truly soulfully.
- Finding your current job toxic, leave it or take a career break to explore yourself and other options which would serve your purpose better.
- Therapy works like magic. Even if you think you don’t need it, it will help you navigate through some very difficult times. It teaches you life lessons with various resources tailored for you. Learn more about it with Untangle Therapy. Jeanne was my first unofficial therapist who helped me cope with some very difficult phases in life.
- Family is everything. Make memories because genuinely no one is promised tomorrow. Take that trip and spend a day or two with everyone that matters. Memories are something you’ll have to keep for a lifetime.
- If you love someone just tell them that. Send them a message or write them a letter if you cannot speak to them in person or talk to them over the phone to let them know.
- Cry your heart out. Crying works like magic too, just like therapy. It can help you deal with so much in life.
- Grieving the death of a loved one is a process. Take your own time and deal with it the way that works for you. Writing a letter to the one who has passed really helps.
- Free-flowing journaling is the best kind of journaling which works for me. It helps you have clarity. It helps you get your thoughts, feelings and realisations out on paper. You can track your progress through the years and get a big change in perspective while seeing your growth.
- I can listen to heartwarming slow songs with a cup of tea and stare far into nature or watch the clouds going by and it gives me some unexplainable peace.
- I cannot argue with Nigel on small petty things anymore. A huge positive change for me. We love sitting and having very opinionated discussions to resolve any disagreements and I love that. We’ve really grown together in our relationship in these last 8 years.
- I’ve accepted and let go of my subtle people-pleasing nature and I’m better at saying no when things or situations don’t serve my purpose or help my growth.
- I’ve learnt to be more mindful of the smaller things in life.
- I enjoy the detailed process of cooking and am more mindful about associating positive intentions during the process which makes it all the more fun.
- I keep away from people with toxic traits. I keep away from those who I don’t associate or resonate with anymore even if I did once upon a time in life.
- Protecting my well-being and my mental health is everything to me now. I won’t even budge to change it or alter it for anyone or anything.
- I love plants and I even speak to some of my favourites every day. Seeing them grow and flourish makes me happy.
- I have an obsession with cookbooks. I mostly will never follow a recipe but always love reading them for inspiration.
- I can be hooked to various shows for days without doing anything else. Binge-watching is my weakness sometimes. Weirdly I can just cut off from any show or screentime for a long time too.
- I formed a new relationship with prayers and spirituality. I find calm and peace in it. It can be soul-calming and soothing like a balm.
- I can only write when I feel well. I’ve learnt to take my own time with it.
- I am not worried about the future and the uncertainty that comes with it. I understand that the future isn’t in my control but I can do something every day to shape my own.
- If I don’t show up for myself, no one will.
- Taking smaller steps every day for your future is still something. You don’t have to accomplish everything in a day.
- Stop chasing numbers on social media. Just go with the flow and continue going by being uniquely you.
- Take a break or two whenever you feel like it. Do what pleases you.
- Learn something new every day. It might be a new skill, a new language or just some general knowledge. Never stop learning.
- Hugging the one you love and just cherishing the moment can internally heal you in ways unimaginable.
That’s all from me for this year. Thank you for supporting me in this journey. I am grateful for you all.
Please feel free to subscribe to the blog by leaving your email below. Thank you!
Also, join Truly Soulfully on all our socials by simply clicking this link here.
Much love xx